Thursday, April 9, 2015

Girls Bedroom- Before & After

My nieces room is finally finished. I'm (and she and my sister are) really happy with the end result.

Before- It was a tiny bedroom packed with unwanted furniture and a double bed. The walls were cream with a grouping of large purple hearts??





After- So my pictures aren't the best 1) I'm not a great photographer and 2) the photos were taken at night and aren't sufficiently lit. Either way, the walls are lavender. The inspiration for the room colour scheme came from the pastel paisley background of the 2 owl pictures I made. All the furniture was bought via online thrift for really reasonable prices. I painted the dresser and bedside table myself. I made all the art work (including the flag banner) and had it printed at a big box store on heavy weight paper for a small fee. Altogether, I think it looks great and, most importantly, so does she!