Thursday, May 2, 2013

Latest Online Thrift Find

At this point, I'm sure everyone knows that I love mixing in mid century modern furniture. My latest find on an online thrift store (Kijiji) is this set:


I picked it up two nights ago and it was $50 for everything!! It is a relatively medium-small table (i.e., around 5 ft in length with the leaf in) but I was thinking that the table top could be replaced with a larger one (maybe adding 1 foot on each end and stained to match). Something like this...



Adding 2 different styled chairs (+ the 4 that came with the set) at the heads of the table would allow for more people to dine.

Below are pictures I created to give an idea of what I was thinking for my "dream" apartment (i.e., small) dining room:

 And a few variations on it...





I'm not sure which one is my favorite yet.