Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bathroom Vanity Project

This is a project that we have been thinking about doing for a while. We would love to take an old, wood washstand or dresser and turn it into our bathroom vanity.

My bathroom as it looks now:


The pedestal sink functions fine but obviously lacks storage. We have a small cabinet next to the sink which manages to hold all our bathroom necessities but it would be nice to have a work surface for my make-up bag to sit when I am using it, etc.

The plan-

1) I need a washstand or dresser. I have been monitoring the online thrift sites but so far everything I have seen is overpriced. I am looking for a deal but something similar to this...


... clean lines and cottagey. I would probably want the stain to be darker but I am flexible.

2) A nice vessel sink. I found a ceramic, square one at Rona for $150.


via www.rona.ca

3) Transfer our old taps. I actually like the taps we currently have so I would just move them to the new sink.

4) Instructions on how to do it and inspirational photos via Painting the Roses White.


via www.pantingtheroseswhite.com

My hunt continues...