Sunday, January 22, 2012

No end to decorating...

I realize I just blogged about being finished with decorating the Montreal apartment but I am already making one more change...

The apartment is a semi-basement (half underground) and can lack natural light at times (afternoon/evening). It has really large windows throughout but never really gets any direct sunlight. The one large window in the main living space is opposite the dining table. I was thinking that by placing a large mirror (purchased for $10 from Kijiji and painted black) above the dining table it might help reflect the natural light from the window back into the space. I doctored up the previous dining area photo to see what a mirror would look like above the table.

I like it!

Bonus- By doing this, the four pictures that were hanging above the dining table can be redistributed to the empty walls in either the hallway or the bedroom.