Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wood Countertop Inspiration

Stuart and I are thinking of replacing our current kitchen countertop (which is laminate) with a wood countertop and single basin farm sink (which we saw on a recent trip to IKEA). I love my kitchen but feel it lacks warmth and I think the best way to solve that is by adding wood. The bonus is that I will finally get the breakfast bar I have always wanted.
I was searching the web to see if I could find any pics that have light coloured wood countertops with darker hardwood floors (which is what we would have). I thought I would share the pics I did come across.

Pictures with both wood contertops and farm sinks...






Pictures with just wood contertops...


The above 2 pictures are of the same kitchen but from different angles and display how nice the 2 different woods can look in a space.



Pictures with just farm sinks...






Jenn's kitchen has the larger version of farm sink I want...